Monday, 20 February 2017

JOURNAL - WEEK 3

20th Feb


This lesson was all about reproducing icons in a chosen application. I have decided tho try to reproduce very common illustrator tools like the selection tool, pen tool and so on. 








Practically, all the photos seen above are steps in how I recreated icons in illustrator cc. By also using the ruler tool when recreating icons that can be split through the center.  The raster images are the actual tools, where on the other hand the vector images are the recreated ones. As an exercise, this will be important to use when creating or recreating something. This is to spot all the factors that make the work what it is.



21st Feb


After discussing elements of tools and anything related, we were told to choose a website that struck us from AWWWARDS.COM  .  After scrolling through a number of websites, a few struck my eye. However, one struck me more than the rest. The website I chose to discuss and analyze is parklife.uk.com   The colours and style used on the 'link' of the website on awwwards.com caught my eye before even reading the title.




Just from looking at the website link, I had a feeling that it was a website of a music festival before reading the description. So design is on the right track as it made me realize that it was a music festival before reading about it. 

When clicking on the website page, The Homepage or Landing page of the website came up.
 

As you can see yourself, this is a cool, unique and fun website. This is one of my favorite websites I have seen till today. The colours work perfectly together, as well as the fun illustrations. 
Below are screenshots of the long continuous home/landing page. 


 





























No comments:

Post a Comment